Do you feel like you need a jumpstart? If you’re tired of your life and the same ole crap, maybe it’s time to do things differently. About a year ago I was living in a place I really did not like, and felt like I had too much weighing me down.
When I started writing this post, I had just finished talking to a friend who was a little depressed. The conversation started out nice enough, but it eventually headed down a sad familiar path. I’m concerned because by living in the past and worrying about the future, my friend and her present moments are getting lost, lost , lost. I know because I use to do this too. It’s torture. I hope this list inspires someone who needs a little nudge in the right direction.
45 ways to motivate yourself out of a slump
1. Read a book or two.
2. Exercise, choose something you love.
3. Go out on dates if you’re up to it. Compliments and flirting feels good.
4. Do something you use to love to do as a kid.
5. Be grateful for what you have. Odds are if your reading this, there are millions of people who have it worse off than you do, so cheer up on that.
6. Be present and mindful. The past is gone. An illusion. Gone, gone, gone. Your past is what is making up your present moment.
7. Ask big questions, ask small questions, just start asking yourself what you want to know and the answer will surface.
8. Help someone. Do good deeds for a partner, friend, family, charity anything that takes your mind off yourself.
9. Spend some time reading about some badasses in the world, maybe even connect with them by leaving a comment on their blog, emailing, or writing a thank you note.
10. Do some socializing. Have lunch with a friend and talk about things you are both looking forward to doing.
11. Eat healthy. Add more fruits and veggies to yo belly.
12. Get a haircut.
13. Stop watching the news.
14. Get at least 15 minutes of sunshine daily. Nature is refreshing, and some vitamin D will do you good.
15. Create a life list. Write down 100 things you want to do in life.
16. Simply act happy. “its easy to be heavy, it’s hard to be light”
17. Listen to music that makes you feel good.
18. Find inspiring people and talk with them.
19. Think small changes. Small actions. Micro actions.
20. Drink lots of water.
21. Get enough sleep. 7-8 hours. I like 9.
22. Cut out alcohol.
23. Get a massage.
24. Laugh at yourself.
25. Stop gossiping.
26. Stop complaining.
27. Take a hot bath.
28. Find a friend who is a positive influence. Call each other, text daily.
29. Change your routine. Wake up earlier.
31. Get conscious.
32. Clean out your closet.
33. Do things you enjoy doing and plan for them.
34. Get dressed, even for the grocery store.
35. Take a class on a topic you’ve been wanting to know more about.
36. Color some mandalas.
37. Visit a museum.
38. Visit a pet. Your local pet store, or even a friends dog will do.
39. Get new pillows.
40. Watch a few episodes of the Big Bang Theory.
41. Create a personal mantra.
42. Add a few new pieces to your wardrobe.
43. Unclutter a small area of your home.
44. Take a short road trip.
45. Make smoothies.
I have actually done every single item on this list. In no particular order.